Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stalkers and Fear of Slagging


As the dramatic title suggests, I have a stalker - not really, actually not at all. But I do have a fear of slagging - more on that in a while.

On the stalker - he's actually a very nice person who mistakenly recieved a package addressed to me, and he went to the trouble of finding me by googling me on the "world wide web," and managed to find me. Speaking of google reminds me of a brilliant clip on youtube - search for "IT Crowd and google" -- again can't upload it for some strange reason. Thanks though Philip if you're reading, not many people would go to that much trouble - ya creepy man! (only messing!)

On the fear of slagging thing - what was in the parcel was my new poetry book - ok actually the compilation which I have a poem in, (and which is launching tomorrow night - yippy doo!) and to be honest having been informed by one of my learned new colleagues that country people think toilets are only machines for washing potatoes, and that all country girls just want a brad pitt lookalike but with a dublin accent - the thoughts of them finding out about it, it's actually very terrifying....

2 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

Tremendously glad that chapie wasn't an axe murderer, and full marks to him for his dedication.

How far astray had the book gone?

Niamh B said...

only over the road, so safe enough