Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Incredible adventures of the tree skinned girl

For once I'm glad to be without the photographic facilities.
If I had them I might be tempted to show you my rash. A weird tubular thing that feels like the bark of a tree has developed on both of my upper arms over the past week.
My parents would tell you I've always been allergic to work, but wouldn't it be just darling if I was actually allergic to something in my new job. My nice new job which is such a short distance from my house that I can write in the mornings before I go there. With all the nice interesting work that I like so much.
Anyway I can't go to aquafit tonight. Yerrah it's useless anyway. The only time aquafit would come in handy would be if for some reason you had to lift your knees up really high while wading through a liquid, and say you had to keep your arms up, but then touch your elbows to your knees with every step, if there was some emergency that called for that particular skill... then I'd be glad of the practise, otherwise it's a waste of energy.
Anyway - here's hoping the rash doesn't spread... you should probably log out soon in case you catch a virus or something from this blog.*


*credit for the idea of computers catching viruses from real illnesses goes to Joe Mc K from LWs - just in case you thought I was being funny there.

6 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

guess you don't want to look at this link then...
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/web/my-shocking-story/previous-episodes/half-man-half-tree/

Niamh B said...

As if it's not bad enough that I'll be half man half onion come 3 months and a week and a half's time...
Thanks for that

Domestic Oub said...

I'm nothing if not supportive...

Niamh B said...

The other theory was that I had been bitten by an elephant-fly, and was about to aquire superhuman powers starting with upper arms as thick and leathery as an elephants. However the whole thing seems to be peeling away now, bits of me all over.

Anonymous said...

That's great! When all the peels have gone you will emerge like a beautiful butterfly from a coccoon, and the soontobemrcushions will be so entranced that he will.....probably run a mile, if I know him!
A new start all round.

Niamh B said...

Interesting insight. Yes my arms are now soft and smooth and glowing and gorgeous...
Mr-VC-to-be is hanging in there, with me through thick or thin (skin)