Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Favourite International Blog???


Please ignore the picture - it's just with today being "International be cruel to a bunny day", I couldn't help myself - see Uiscebot, Domestic Oubliette & Smaller than life for more details.

What I really want to know is... Did you ever wish you had friends in far flung interesting places? Ever want to explore the details of someone else's life, without actually knowing anything about them, but kind of cyberstalking but not in a creepy way? I've decided to try and find a blogger in a very far away land - well not sure about that bit - someone with very squiggly writing or different keyboards anyway, and once I find that special one - I intend to adopt them... You will find a link on my side bar to their blog, and I will be leaving them encouraging comments from time to time, and hopefully they'll do the same back. It'll be like an experiment in cross cultural understanding and barrier bamboozlement. I just need to find the right blog to follow.... Here's my front runner at the moment




I have absolutely no idea what language it's in, or where it's from, but the cakes and parties look good, although they're not that frequent at the aul blogging, so it'd be better to find someone more regular I think.

If you've found an interesting one, in a language I can't read - I'd like to hear about it please....
Thanking you in advance for helping to bring about world peace and harmony.

8 comments:

Emerging Writer said...

How about this chap

http://ahsapoymaciligi.blogspot.com
he's turkish, rather dishy looking and he is following my blog so there must be some connection there... literary I hope or else maybe I was drunker than I thought last holiday

Niamh B said...

Definitely dishy - good choice, tho there might be a bit of competition - those 2 girls from the 10th of Nisan look a bit intimidating... but yeah - have you ever Yorumed (commented) on his blog?

Totalfeckineejit said...

International be cruel to a bunny day? What a brilliant idea! I've left it a bit late for this event but give me a nod when 'International be cruel to a politician day' comes around and I'll fetch the hurley with the rusty nail in it.Tanx.

Emerging Writer said...

I've never commented on his blog as I have no clue what he's saying. I did run over a bunny the other morning (baby) does that count? I was getting in early

Anonymous said...

You are very definitely a weird person.
First plastic bag cruelty and now bunnies.
Is nothing sacred?

Niamh B said...

TFE - thanks for calling in, will be sure to give you lots of notice for "Be cruel to a politician day"

EW - When we pick a winning international blg, we'll all go and comment, and it'll be great fun. Re the bunny - hope he didn't hurt your car, selfish feckers hogging the road early in the morning.

Anon - I didn't start it - just following the trend, like a sheep... (watch out for being cruel to sheep week, coming soon)

Anonymous said...

As a regular commenter I'd like to say I think being cruel to a politician is a bad idea

B O

Hey I just got why we called our dog that! That's so cool...

Anonymous said...

I'm with BO on this one

B Cowen