Saturday, April 11, 2009

Missing Goldy Dress


No wardrobe is complete without 3 gold dresses in my opinion, (at least 2 of which should be bought cheap in a second hand shop) it's like 3 little pigs, 3 blind mice, 3 goldfish, some things just don't work in pairs. So it was with some horror in my dig around for the alternatives to my actual wedding dress that I discovered one of my treasured goldy dresses is missing. The other two are pictured above, but if I'd had the third it'd be so much better, a trio of glitter that'd have the magpies circling, as it was the crows didn't even take a second look.

Anyway as it turns out I don't need em now, the real dress is in, ye can all stop fretting and worrying. Tried it on this morning, and it's not leapord skin, nor is it horrible. Turns out I had some taste last August, as I did the August 5 years before that, when first I spied himself at the bar in Whelan's. So the mild panic is over, I don't need to resort to an alternative - but if I did which would you have voted for? Answer left or right in the comments....

8 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for reading my blog! Church tongue kisses are the kind you could do in front of a church full of relatives at your wedding - it's a reference to "The Wedding Singer". Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore fall for each other over a church tongue kiss, and it's very cute.

Niamh B said...

Thank you for the quick answer to my question, you really do learn something new every day! Will have to practise that one...

Domestic Oub said...

Right! Stripey!

Niamh B said...

so you're a fan of the bumblebee? I'll probably wear it when I'm doing this....

http://www.culch.ie/2009/04/09/be-part-of-a-massive-bollywood-dance-scene-in-dublin/

Can't wait!!

swiss said...

the one on the right is nasty. but just about right for bollywood i'd say

which would i prefer. these days probably the left but it's been commented that this proably just marks the transition from slutty boy to manwhore

both of which descriptions have been applied to me by 'friends'. those darlings....

Niamh B said...

Hmm, the one occasion I wore the right hand one we couldn't fully decide whether it was classy or trashy, so we called it clashy.
Am a bit worried on the bollywood front - the dance is actually harder than it looks, and looking at my application email again I may have hinted that I could dance a bit more than I actually can... slutty boy to manwhore - sounds like a really weird version of Batman and Robin

Unknown said...

I like the one on the left. I considered liking it just to be different, but then I realized that I actually do like it more.

The one on the right may have been more suitable for Bollywood, though, although I think even it may be a tad tame compared to most Bollywood apparel I have seen.

Niamh B said...

Yeah - the one on the left is deffo the more attractive, If only I could find the missing one - I'd share it with you all - but that's life, when it does turn up I'll let you know,,,