Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fair Glór


I like "the Glór sessions" and I like "Fair City" - luckily the two things are compatible, since the Glór sessions are held on one of the few nights of the week when Fair City is not on. Stephen James Smith may tell you this is an accident, a lucky chance, but I don't think so. Readers, imagine my delight last night when an actual Fair City writer was reading at the Glór sessions. Fintan O'Higgins was his name and he read some really great poems, the highlight and grand finalé being the one entitled "The Poet proposes to Beyoncé" - (linked up and all there for you - I'm so damn organised) - a work of genuine genius.
Another personal highlight was the artist previously known only in this blog as "Floppy hair guy" - and I even found out his name for ye this time - Pearce McGloughlin, - one to watch out for, seriously, he played 5 songs and I would've happily listened to another 5 from him, (then I would have said - ah get off, I'm bored with ya now, go on, ya scamp)...... (- no actually, I think i'd have kept on applauding politely)
Damien Kinnerk (artist known as the school boy poet of last week's blog fame) was lining up to read as well, however the chariot was about to turn into a pumpkin, so we had to run.
Huge thanks too, to the chariot driver (not the same one as appeared in yesterday's photo) who put up with my contented drunken ramblings all the way home.

3 comments:

Freddie the Amazing Anthropomorphic Dog said...

Thanks very much for your kind words about my genius. My regards to the goldfish.

Fintan

Colm Keegan said...

Saw that Beyonce poem on youtube - it's a good one alright.

Niamh B said...

Fintan - Thanks for stopping by, the goldfish will be very pleased.
Uisce - I've that linked up now - tks for the tip...