Thursday, November 12, 2009

Monday Poem

Who says it has to be a Monday to put up a Monday poem? This week, the week the world will remember for the day the earth stood still, I am bringing Monday forward 4 days, who needs squelchy Friday with all the casual clothes and feel good "What ya doin for the weekend?" vibe - let's go for it - straight back into the working week - Today is Monday. So here is the Monday poem. For the Monday poetry bus, that is no longer running.
I don't know if I like it (the poem I mean) - it came from a challenge that Matt Bolton set me - to make a poem out of a story. In other news, I'm rather tired of having blogposts with days of the week in the title, which is why I'm trying to work them all out of my system this week, so that I can go back to the unroutine business of putting up whatever I darn well feel like putting up, no matter what the day. Anyway...

7 comments:

Colm Keegan said...

me likeee

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ok, now I genuinely don't know which day of the week it is.This is a strange but fitting poem and I too really likes it.Wot woz the storee bud? Weird entirety melty marbles leaking from ears ans extremely enigmatic ending Lord alone knows wat daze it will be tomorrow, if there is such a thing any-mort.

NanU said...

well well you do have a scrambly week over your way. Have a nice glass of wine, see if that resets ya.
I like how the poem leaves me wanting to read the story.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Uisce
Story TFE was, in a nutshell, about a young person who felt their life was meaningless, then they gave an old person a lift and felt happy again. Kind of like when YOU go out hitching, makes all the do-gooders feel glowy inside for having helped you.
Yes NanU - as I say - just tryin to get this routine of days of the week outta my system, so I can get back to my randomness. I will take your tip on having a drink tho! ;-)

Batteson.Ind said...

I like it.. it has a damp, rainy obscure feel. Like something you glimpse out the window on a long rainy day car journey in some little grey town. :-)

Sarah_DDH said...

Hi Niamh B, we have noticed your passion and creativity and would like to provide you an opportunity to publish your works. For more information, please visit our website http://www.ddh-epub.com or contact me directly via service1@ddh-epub.com . Thank you.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Watercats, yes dampness fits it well.