Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Miscellaneous, and more poems in shops...

First off I have to wish my friend Eve a happy day - so Happy Christmas Eve Eve Eve!
(I don't even have a friend called Eve, I have an ex colleague who I could most definitely see myself going for coffee with, but because of the above, she might be slightly reluctant to go for said coffee with me, understandably enough)

In other news - after a short delay - I've got Sarah & Ailín's show up on sundayscrapbook.blogspot.com

On to more Poems in Shops.

First check out Argent's great poem in a shop, really a great poem, on that perennial Christmas crime - festive mugging - right next to the Economics books in Waterstones.

My latest effort was supposed to end up at a garage or petrol station, lost my nerve though, no garage big enough and free from cctv enough and guaranteed not to blow up enough when I'd click the camera - so instead I went for the fuel section in the local lidl, (which is right next to the till, thus explaining the poor focus in the hastily taken snaps) hope you like...

Fuel

A liquified teeming of processed life forms
Long compressed, in seams depressed, now sold
by some shrewd shark that owns the land, the urn
where prehistoric life spews forth for us to burn

6 comments:

NanU said...

Frabulous!
Do you ever go back to the shops to find if your poem is still there? What's the half-life of a poem in a shop? Somebody should do a study.

Happy Christmas!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Lidl let die! A twisted firestarter of a guerilla poetry posting.' I am the god of hellfire and I bring you.... Fire.. da de doo ,I want you to burn !'

Niamh B said...

Thanks NanU, no I never return to the scene, well there was one I passed a few minutes later and it was still there... it would be interesting to know.
Have a good one anyway!
Thanks TFE!! I was proud of that one too.

Titus said...

Ah, this I like, and still a mighty good placement.
Possibly a little sadly, this project still makes me all excited in a child-like way. I love these bits of paper plus words scattered throughout the land...

swiss said...

i feel a tad out of sorts not having done my subset of poems in shops - poems in public toilets - yet. i have been busy but i think there's a bit of freaked outness lurking from last year!

Niamh B said...

Me too Titus, tisn't sad at all.
Swiss - there's only one cure for that then, get out there... Do ensure you have a quiet camera or a very empty public toilet first...