Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Moan Cancelled

Not least because - having a roof over my head, food readily available, a loving Mr VC, and great friends and family all abouts - I have very little reason to moan. There's lots of little tidbits of news tho - so I'll call this Monday Miscellaneous instead.

1. There is to be a wedding in Denmark - just announced for July, two very nice people getting marriaged - possibly with heavenly flollerboller wedding cake, and speeches/ comedy etc galore to look forward to.

2. I will be reading at the Irish Writers' Centre. And I don't mean reading a flyer off the wall, I mean actually reading... a story... out loud... with other people there... I'm pretty thrilled about it. See here for the official word on it....

3. The Pink Room is proving difficult to cover, the paint seems to be an evil washable kind of texture, which makes it almost impossible to even get the paint to stick to. The only consolation is that the pink curtains that came the room, are proving to take the paint no problem.

4. On the same night as the IWC reading - I'll also be popping over to the Stag's head to read at the Brown Bread Mixtape - click here for a proper run down of what that night will entail, again a mixed night of cultural hijinx, on the theme of Family.

5. I'm taking requests for taboo tuesday.

5 comments:

Titus said...

2 readings on one night! Heavy going, and good luck.
What's seriously taboo these days? Smoking, that's bloody what! I am a leper in society, expelled outside (and quite often to a "smoking area" miles away from the front door) in all weathers, can undergo withdrawal symptoms on any long rail journey, am asked by some other mothers not to smoke in front of their children (bad example) and so rant-y on ...

Batteson.Ind said...

congrats on the readings, we're gonna have to make a trip to the capital one day... taboo tuesday? Think titus has a point, I', officially a recent smug ex smoker,( I miss it though). what else is taboo... eerrrmmm.. loitering in a vaguely artistic manner? people look at you odd!

Niamh B said...

Thanks Titus - hmm smoking eh?
Hey Watercats - well done on the giving up... Right so... Taboo Tuesday on the way

Maura said...

Hiya, well done on the readings. You are seriously pushing the floedeboeller cake, aren't you!!!

Niamh B said...

Floederboellers are one of the main reasons I married into a family with strong Danish connections....

:)