Friday, February 26, 2010

Kalle Ryan and Son on the Radio

This week I have another two-some in studio - this time a father and son act who are taking on the theme of "Family"

Kalle Ryan has had his poems and plays published in New York and Utah. He has written regularly for the local press in Ireland. He can often be seen and heard performing humorous and political poetry in Dublin city. Together with Enda Roche he runs the hugely successful monthly "brownbread mixtape" gig at the stag's head pub. And recently he and his wife Jessica have become parents to the coolest little dude called Casper.
Casper Ryan is 3 months old and is not yet published. He is loud and vocal like his dad, and cute and happy like his mother. His favourite things to do are sleeping, puking and eating. Not necessarily in that order. He intends to play rugby for Ireland one day.

Kalle is a great and energetic performer, and this promises to be a most touching and exciting show - complete with the first ever sound poem to appear on the Scrapbook. Be sure to be tuned in - as always 4pm on Liffey Sound - link on the right there.

2 comments:

Batteson.Ind said...

Just listened to the last poem.. maybe the night!... FECKING EXCELLENT!!!... I hope you get money for doing these things!?...
:-D

Niamh B said...

my god you say the kindest things watercats, thanks a million...
and i am particularly chuffed to get that feedback from a music maker on a musicky poem..
and money? MONEY? I get the joy of creation, the thrill of perfecting, and the excitement of delivery... the passion of following my art, my dreams, my love...
so no, not a whole on the money front right now, sure the best things in life are free... but I wouldn't say no, like if anyone wants to pay me for a poem I'd be quite happy with that...