Thursday, October 14, 2010

Joan's Book

Joan O'Flynn's collected writings are being published by her family in aid of charity. It's a fantastic book with a great spread of her work - arranged in seasonal order it takes us through Spring to Winter and back again.
It is a beautiful book - and anyone who's read her blog - Drama Queen - will know Joan's writing is always thoughtful, sometimes hilarious/ outragreous, and often uplifting. Along with her poetry and prose, the book is sprinkled with pictures and details of her life. It's a thrill to see her on TV, or in her Aer Lingus uniform. A must have for Christmas. A lovely book by and about one of the most brilliant people I ever had the priviledge of knowing.
.
Her book will be launched next Wednesday night in Lucan Sarsfields GAA Club at 8.15pm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely echo you on all of this and can't wait to get my hands on this book. She is also one of the most brilliant people I've ever met too!

Louise said...

Oh my god it sounds amazing, but then the woman was bloody amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on it. And ditto, ditto she was one of the most brilliant, funny, loving, and amazing(there's that word again) people that I have ever known. I still miss her to bits!

Niamh B said...

Tis true guys.

Ian O'Flynn said...

I couldn't agree with you more Niamh. It is a lovely book, even if I do say so myself. But I love your description of it. Thank You! xx

Niamh B said...

Thanks Ian, well - I only spoke the truth!!