Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bursting on the Bus

NanU's task this week was to write about bursting, exploding, restarting,getting it in gear, waking up, all in keeping with Spring time and the lively time of year that we find ourselves in...
She had me at "bursting"

I know I'm mad early too, but y'see I'm officially going on my holidays this weekend, 2 nights escape where hubby and I plan to pamper ourselves almost to weakness, before our lives get taken over by pampers and the like...

This following poem formed part of the 4 or 5 that I shakily read out at my first ever ever poetry reading... written in response to a 10 year old ad campaign "Sprite - obey your thirst" - It's funny that I've a chance to put it out here, as I did remember it for some reason quite recently... I cannot pass a chance to use a loo nowadays, by the way, loos are like my new bookshops...

Anyway - for proper springy and inspiring poems you can go over here

For a completely couth-less interpretation, read on - no pictorial representation will be made available to accompany this poem


Obey Your Bladder

.

Sitting on a floor, that is pelvic in variety -

Hollow, Elastic, a muscular deity,

.

Exploding Bladders are on the rise,

Away from bones in high womb skies.

.

Your Thirst, by contrast, no more than a kid,

Obey Your Bladder! You’ll be glad you did.

12 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hooray for widdle!

The Dead Acorn said...

I can hear the murmurs of the crowd now: "A very bold choice for her maiden reading! I think we've one to watch in this one, no?"

I think now that I've heard the phrase "a muscular deity," I can no longer claim to be an atheist.

NanU said...

You crack me up, Niamh!

Louise said...

Great one! One of my many fond memories of being pregnant, is that I got to know so many toilets! Wait until the head is engaged, then the real fun starts!

The Bug said...

LOL - I have obeyed my bladder my whole life, it being apparently the size of a pea (pun intended).

Peter Goulding said...

I doubt there are any finer poems on the wonders of the bladder. Wonderful.

Niamh B said...

hooray for widdle - I know you've one of the finest widdly poems in the known universe anyway TFE, so I regard this as high praise indeed.
Oh yes Acorn, it took the poetic world quite by storm. Believe in the higher poem of the bladder!
Thanks NanU! tis all thanks to your prompt that it got an airing again.
Socks, one of my brother's big ambitions is to write a book entitled "toilets of the carribean" but that's besides the point. Re your second line - eek - I'm working on a need to know basis here!
Bug - it always pays to listen to it. Always.
Thanks Peter, :-) I did work hard on it at the time. And exploding bladders is a real thing, where people drink so much even their unconscious ability to let themselves go is switched off, I just wanted to raise awareness...

Enchanted Oak said...

Yes, Niamh, you took me down Memory Lane with this tribute to the uterine urinary universe. I remember also a certain piquant fragrance....
Bold is a fine way to describe your reading this in public.

Brian Miller said...

hehe...yes i think that might be a good idea...lol...my sister made us stop at every restroom on the way to vacation every year...

Lucy Westenra said...

Great, amusing read.

Emerging Writer said...

All hail Bladder control. Such an important and underestimated topic.

izzy said...

Hee hee, I like it ! thanks!