Saturday, November 9, 2013

cá bhfuil mo chos eile?

That's what our little fella woke up saying in the middle of the night the other night.  It means "where is my other leg?" for the non irish speakers out there.

We have lots of colorful conversations nowadays - he wanted to go to the shop the other night, and listed out all the things he'd like to get, and when we asked where he'd get the money, he said he'd get some money in the shop too... now that I've written it down it doesn't sound altogether that hilarious anymore - you had to be there, or maybe you had to be in my head.

Another thing that isn't vaguely hilarious perhaps is the following, but again it was mildly amusing inside my own head... I attended a course today called  "How to cure a pig"  - a half pig was brought out at the start, but to be honest they didn't cure him at all - if anything he just kept getting deader and deader looking...

My head is a drunken audience

8 comments:

Titus said...

The first is just what you do, the second is funny.

Hey, I'm drunk!

Niamh B said...

Me too, I should have said "happy drunk, with no hecklers" :-)
hope you're well missus...

The Bug said...

Well, where WAS his other leg? :)

Niamh B said...

Of course it was where he'd left it!! not far from the other one.

The Dead Acorn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dead Acorn said...

Sorry for an off-topic comment, but who's in charge of IPYPIASM this year? (Or in charge of keeping track ... I realize it's all about the act and not actually a competition, of course ...) But there will be a multitude from the States over the next week.

Dominic Rivron said...

At moments like this I wish I were a cartoonist: half a pig, with a speech bubble: "cá bhfuil mo chos eile?"

Oh do na laethanta IPYPIASM! (I think that's right).

Niamh B said...

Hi Acorn,

I was absent when the decision was taken, but I believe that the international jury of inefficiency that is the organisers of IPYPIASM has decided that this year the tracker of events will be whomever asks the question first. Therefore - may I congratulate you! Yes - You are the official tracker of the comp - I mean celebrations... Hope xmas is treating you well there. Sorry I've been so badly absent too. I miss my blog days.
Dominic you got it right, though the proper Irish translation for IPYPIASM would probably be Seafóidín (silliness). Yes those were the days my friend!
(we thought they'd never end) (and they haven't - thanks to the generosity of Dead Acorn - tracker extraordinaire)